Putting the Pieces Together
So what happened after outlining those basic elements that I needed to create an image dataset? Well, I took those elements from yesterday’s post and I quickly cobbled them together into a form that would do much of the work that I required.
Well, I think I am oversimplifying things a bit here. By quickly, I mean over the course of a couple of months. You see, I used a common strategy that I’ve used before where I take what seems like it’ll be the most difficult task and I tackle that first. I do the next most difficult task after that and so on. Sure, it’s how I make sure I’m not wasting my time on some impossible task, but it also allows me to quickly prove my ideas to myself.
I am basing my future application off of a lot of the code contained in this project. However, none of the UI will make the cut, nor should it. It served it’s purpose to get me through the first round of image labelling, but it’s not something that any one else will ever find useable. The only reason I know how to use it is because, well, I wrote it. Maybe I’ll show it to you sometime, but not today, not now.
See ya later!